In the lectures of the Economics in Power Engineering you can come across a lot of graphical information, that is why it is very important to understand and be able to get information from graphs and plots.
In this activity you will learn how to describe graphs and trends. You will also be able to understand the information contained in the graph or plot.
Try to analyse and guess the trends on the graph
Look at the figure and do the following tasks
1. Select the correct answer
2. Read and complete the following sentences
customer cheaper rise by fall
tariff reduction save up
deals fixed-term expire
3. Define the following words:
The text is provided by http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/apr/14/energy-bills-rise-fixed-rate-tariffs-end
Think about possible ways of analyzing the graphical information
Watch the following video and do the tasks
1. A column graph is used to show the percentage of parts making the whole
2. Pie chart shows comparison of different values
3. Line graph reflects the trend between two variables.
4. Every graph should contain only title and a best fit line
5. Jami's income decreased by 90 000 USD.
6. The largest expense in the year was petrol.
© Ekaterina S. Tarasova / Tomsk Polytechnic University /Economics in Power Engineering. 2015.Created using the LOC Tool, University of Southampton